The ISBER Travel Award provides travel support for individuals from emerging countries to attend the ISBER 2019 Annual Meeting in Shanghai, China. Current employees of biobanking organizations in a Lower and Middle Income country are eligible to apply. A limited number of Travel Awards are available. The ISBER Travel Award provides travel support to the meeting, including economy return airfare to the conference location, accommodation at the conference hotel for the duration of the meeting, a complimentary full conference registration and a per diem of $50 USD per day. Applicants are encouraged to submit an abstract to the Annual Meeting.
- Applicant must be a current employee of a biorepository organization in a Low and Middle Income Country, as identified by the World Bank. Click here to check eligibility.
- Biorepository organization headquarters must originate from a Low and Middle Income Country.
Complete and submit the application linked below with all required elements, as follows:
- Submit your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Submit a letter from your organization or supervisor confirming your employment status
- Submit a photocopy of your current Passport/VISA page with photo ID and expiration date (this information will be deleted once all application reviews are complete)
- Complete responses to 4 questions about your biobanking experience, how attendance at the conference will benefit you and how you will share knowledge gained at the conference
Note that incomplete applications cannot be saved. You may wish to copy the short answer requests to a separate document and prepare your response there before pasting them into the form below.
Travel Award Recipient(s) will be:
- Asked to forward a recent photo prior to the meeting
- Formally recognized during the ISBER Business Meeting and the ISBER 5K Fun Run which funds the award
- Asked to provide a report summarizing their experience following the meeting
The completed application must be submitted to the ISBER Head Office through the meeting website with all required elements, no later than November 30, 2018 at 11:59 pm North American Eastern Time. Late applications will not be considered.