The ISBER Education and Training Committee is pleased to announce that it will receive topic-driven workshop proposals for presentation at the ISBER 2019 Annual Meeting and Exhibits. The Annual Meeting will be held in Shanghai, China May 7-10, 2019.
Education and Training Committee (E&T) topic-driven workshops are educational in nature, informing meeting attendees about specific types of repository-based activities and concerns with an international perspective. The E&T committee would also welcome workshop proposals with an interactive format. Topic-driven workshops are different from corporate workshops which afford sponsors an opportunity to feature their own products and services.
Topic-driven workshops should support ISBER’s Vision and Mission in addition to aligning with the 2019 meeting theme ISBER 20th Anniversary: Honoring Our Past, Celebrating the Present, and Envisioning our Future.
If you are interested in leading a topic-driven workshop during the ISBER 2019 Annual Meeting and Exhibits, please complete the online proposal form below no later than December 3, 2018. Kindly note that no extensions will be made to this deadline.
Review of the proposals shall include the following considerations:
• Potential educational value to meeting attendees
• Consistency with overall programmatic theme of the ISBER Annual Meeting
• Applicability of workshop content as compared with ISBER’s mission/goals and visions
• Structure of the workshop with an interactive format
• Use of the ISBER interactive tool
• Multinational involvement through the inclusion of international elements or presenters
To assist in preparing an interactive workshop, the following template is provided (Education Workshop Template). This format is not a requirement. It is available as a tool to provide one example of plans for an interactive presentation.